Friday, 4 July 2008

Last day of term....


End of Term today, bit of a strange day really, it's Speech Day which is always busy and my girls in the kitchen surpassed themselves this year. Mountains of fresh cream sponges, shortbreads, fruit cake (even my Mum's malt loaf recipe made it onto the menu!!!), smoked salmon sandwiches, rare roast beef sandwiches etc etc. The tables were laden and it looked great, so if I never properly get to show my appreciation for all their hard work, I've done it here and it's for all to see.
The sad bit about the end of Term is saying goodbye to some truly lovely people, many I've known since we moved here 8 years ago when they would only have been I guess about 8 or 9 years old. I've also had to say farewell to Candy & Vanessa who have worked with Irene and I on the evening shift for the last two years. These two have been just the loveliest kids and I will genuinely miss them. I wish them both true happiness in their lives beyond Shebbear College.
So that's the sentimental bit over and done with, and now, in true July time, Devon fashion, it's pissing down with rain and I've got to go out and feed those bloomin' pigs! (only 8 weeks to go y'all).

No comments: