
June 14th 2008 was a great day. Me and my girls packed ourselves into the car and took ourselves off to Cardiff for the evening to see my hero, Bruce Springsteen at the Millennium Stadium. Katie was pretty unenthusiastic but humored me by wearing my 1985 "Born in the USA" tee-shirt (I was a LOT smaller in those days), and so long as I could promise her he'd play "Mary's Place" (he didn't let us down), she was prepared to sit out the three hours without complaint!!! For me the thrill of seeing Springsteen was tinged with sadness as sooner or later, I'm going to have to accept I've seen him for the last time..... and watching Clarence shuffle slowly to the centre of the stage (he IS 65 after all is said and done), knowing that Phantom Dan was no longer with us, well, it's going to happen sooner or later. However, that being said, The Big Man's sax solo in Jungleland still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. That song is very likely my favourite and although I wouldn't admit it on the night, my eyes filled a little when we said goodbye to the Heart Stoppin', History Makin', Earth Shatterin', Pants Droppin', Legendary E Street Band. Even Katie was up at the end and despite the fact we couldn't have got tickets much further away from the stage, it was a night that will live in my memory for many, many years to come.
The picture at the top is very much The Boss's view of US! (just left of centre, up in that little white patch between the blue and the green seats!!!) I pinched this pic off the net, hope no one minds, and the other shows me and my little girl, me not looking as happy as I was and Katie whincing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment